The Copasetic Number One in June 2015 is a top example of global cultural forces working together to produce intriguing results. Sam Carty’s “Bird In Hand” is a cover of an old Indian Bollywood tune, produced by Lee Perry in Jamaica, this version being released for the first time by Rock A Shacka in Japan.
Here is the complete top 10 list:
- Sam Carty – Bird In Hand / Lee Perry – Happy Roots // Upsetters – Upsetting Rhythm #2 – 10″ (Rock A Shacka /Japan)
- French Boutik – Mieux Comme Ca – 2×7″ (copaseDisques)
- Mentalettes, The – Fine, Fine, Fine // Do You Love Me – 7″ – 2nd press (copaseDisques)
- Nicole Willis – Paint Me In A Corner // Where Are You Now? – 7″ (Timmion Records)
- Byron Lee – Frankenstein – 7″ (Dub Store/Japan)
- Various – Back From The Grave Vol.1-7 – 4xCD set – SPECIAL OFFER (Crypt Records)
- Lyn Taitt – The Untouchables // Pepper Pot – 7″ (Dub Store / Japan)
- Alton Ellis – If I Could Rule The World – 12″ (Onlyroots Records)
- Fourtune-Tellers, The // X-Ray Harpoons, The – split 7″ (copaseDisques)
- Byron Lee & the Dragonaires – Uptown Top Ranking – DoLP (17 North Parade)
Thanks go out to Alex for the list. Keep them coming.
Any record stores, mail order services, djs or podcasters up to post a top 10 list? Just write an email to email@example.com.